Everyone who wants to can enter into a friendship with God purely by choosing to believe in Jesus. Easy, peasy, no effort required – it’s a total act of faith. However, after that initial choice there is absolutely some relational elbow grease needed to stay in the relationship – faith eventually comes to look like faithfulness. So, there seems to exist a potential contradiction. If Salvation is a work of grace (obtainable by people who absolutely can’t be good enough), then why is it conditional on good performance once a friendship is established? In this episode we focus on Hebrews 4:1-11 and answer the question, Is Christianity Harder Than The Work You’re Putting Into It?
• Intro [00:20]
• Wrapping up this theme [03:12]
• Today’s text [03:52]
• The point of this episode [04:09]
• First: this part is for Christians [4:53]
• Does your belief reflect your heart? [09:44]
• Has your belief become a growing relationship? [14:54]
• Second: this part of for people who are not Christians [19:54]
• 1 minute Summary [23:59]
• Takeaway phrase [24:29]
• And much more…
You can subscribe to this podcast by clicking the iTunes link below the listening bar. After the jump you’ll see the subscribe button. Thanks!
Sharing these posts helps get the word out and helps more busy people connect with Jesus.