Lawnmowers and Christians have something in common. I have an electric lawnmower – the kind that requires a really long extension cord that’s never quite long enough. As I’m mowing the edge of my property I repeatedly pull the cord out of the wall. Disconnecting a plug is annoying. Similarly, I have a friendship with Jesus. When I treat it as anything other than a friendship the possibility exists that I can disconnect from Jesus. If I don’t get plugged back in that ends very badly. In Hebrews 3:1-6 the pastor warns his congregation that disconnecting from Jesus is possible and ends horribly, so in this passage he reveals How To Avoid Disconnecting.
• Intro [00:20]
• Theme for the next couple of episodes [02:39]
• The point of the episode [03:43]
• Three key words [05:07]
• “Rebellion” defined [09:47]
• “Heart” defined [11:52]
• “Rest” defined [14:15]
• The key to understanding this passage [15:07]
• Why all the boring context? [15:45]
• 1/2 the challenge: the local church [18:37]
• 1/2 the challenge: personal engagement [24:39]
• Is this really a big deal? [28:48]
• How to avoid disconnecting [29:48]
• 1 sentence takeaway [31:00]
• And much more…
“Keep things personal with Jesus and the Church” [31:10]
You can subscribe to this podcast by clicking the iTunes link below the listening bar. After the jump you’ll see the subscribe button. Thanks!
Sharing these posts helps get the word out and helps more busy people connect with Jesus.